Thursday, June 9, 2011

In Canada Again

Well, I have not posted since leaving Canada last August. Being an American, there is sense of irony that my blog only gets update when I leave the country. I am back to the land of dollar coins, of "eh", where public transportation are polar bears wearing saddles. Once again I am the full time pastor in the Lord's church. Whenever I read a sentence like that, I am completely humbled. There is no organization or institution on this world like the church of Christ. In a world of business and finance, owners and operators, boards of trustees, and CEO's...we are nothing like them. A pastor is not the owner of the church, he is its servant, as are the elder's and deacons. The church has only on boss, that is Christ. We serve not as leaders and bosses, but as stewards of Christ. He directs his church, both by his Spirit and by Scripture. Yeah I am the pastor of a church, but my boss reigns in heaven and controls the lightning...(with the credit I have built up...that is a scary thought alone). I have the privileged to preach the gospel as a steward of his church. But those thoughts make me think twice and keep me humble. I am involved in a church, where peoples very salvation is on the line. But while my boss is eternal and all powerful....he loves his church, sacrificed for it. Christ is also with me, guiding me if I will listen, teaching me if I am willing to learn. May I never forget this, may I be always humble and look to Christ who is head of his church and myself. May I never introduce myself as the Pastor without remembering that I am only a servant in the house of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment